In our last show we listened to the previously aired pre-recorded interview with Joan Mellen, author of the book “A Farewell to Justice”.
The interview discussed in detail the assassination of president John F. Kennedy and the subsequent cover up that ensued. If you’d like to hear the full interview with Joan, please go to Historycounts.org to find the mp3.
After the interview we had discussion of other famous, and not so famous assassinations of politically important figures. We discussed the deaths of Pat Tillman, Ron Brown, Vince Foster, Michael Connel and others. The podcast of the discussion is available here.
Here’s a rundown of the history of assassinations. Some of the material we covered and some of the points we didn’t get to due to time constraints.
- Gracchi brothers, Gaius & Tiberius: Killed in the 2nd century BC in Rome by an “angry mob” after attempting to return illegally held land from wealthy landowners to poor small farmers to diversify the economy.
- Julius Caesar: Killed 44 BC by another “angry mob” of senators.
- Abraham Lincoln: Shot and killed in 1865 by John Wilkes Booth. Many years later the expanse of the coup is still not popularly understood. The secretary of war Edwin Stanton had undermined Lincoln’s orders during the civil war to extend the length of the war to completely destroy the south when it could have ended in 2 years. Booth belonged to the secret society, Knights of the Golden Circle an extension of the free masons and the modern day Ku Klux Klan. It is believed that Booth survived and escaped. Lincoln, like Kennedy believed in printing state produced money that was free from foreign banks. Lincoln also intended on carrying out restoration of the south. It is also not widely understood that Lincoln had no plans to end slavery.
- JFK: 1963
- Witnesses to the JFK assassination: Johnny Roselli, J. Garrett Underhill, David Ferry, Clyde Johnson.
- Other 60’s assassinations: Malcolm X 1965, RFK 1968, MLK 1968, Fred Hampton 1969.
- Vince Foster: 1993, Deputy WH Counsel, found in a fed park in VA, gunshot ruled a suicide.
- Ron Brown: 1996, Commerce secretary reportedly died in plane crash in Bosnia but due to suspicious hole in the back of his head is suspected to have survived the crash and then executed at the scene. No autopsy ever performed, x-rays and photos of body disappeared. Ron Brown served as fund raising director for Bill Clinton and knew all about Clinton’s illegal fund raising activities from Chinese and Vietnamese. Brown was nearing indictment and was quoted as saying he “would not go to jail alone”. His son was later plead guilty to money laundering. Three days after crash, Dubrovnik airport maintenance chief Nilko Jerkuic found dead, ruled suicide by rife shot to chest.
- Sandy Hume: 1998, Ruled suicide. Sandy was the 28 year old son of journalist Brit Hume was working for The Hill magazine and recently joined Fox News as a reporter 3 weeks before death. He was following leads on a story about the White House using special investigators to dig up dirt on their critics.
- JFK, Jr: 1999, Small plane crash near Martha’s Vineyard. The NY Dems offered him Moynihan’s Senate seat that went to Hillary Clinton. A CIA agent named Delbert says that a classified investigation determined the plane was blown up in flight by a C-4 explosive with a barometric pressure detonator. This conclusion is consistent with widespread debris. Military immediately took over case & closed a wide area around the crash site. Per Delbert much of press reports, eg. Visibility. A local reported on Martha’s Vineyard initially told WCVB TV in Boston that he saw a white flash in the sky.
- David Kelly: 2003, UK Defense Dept bioweapons expert. Said Blair “sexed up” WMD claims. On returning from Iraq in June 2003, he said the alleged mobile weapons labs were facilities to make hydrogen for balloons. Allegedly cut his wrists during his daily walk in the woods.
- Pat Tillman: 2004, Shot 3 times in the head by an American M16 in a close tri-pattern group at a range of just 10 yards away. Was quoted by his comrade Spc. Russell Baer “You know, this war is so F****** illegal.” He urged his entire platoon to vote against Bush in 2004 and had begun to arrange meetings with Noam Chomsky to organize anti-war appearances upon his return in 2005. Tillman’s body armor and uniform was burned because it was deemed a “biohazard” from all the blood. Investigation by Capt. Richard Scott concluded gross negligence and criminal intent by US soldiers and recommended further investigation and criminal sentencing. Gen. Wesley Clark stated on Countdown with Keith Olberman in July of 2007 that “the orders came from the very top” in reference to initiating a cover up of the true nature of Tillman’s death. “The Tillman Story” is a documentary film set for release in August of 2010 delving into the cover up of his murder.
- Deborah Palfrey: 2008, Ran a high end escort service in DC. One US Senator admitted to being a customer. Convicted in 2007 of racketeering & money laundering. Found dead by hanging in a storage shed near her mother’s mobile home in Tarpon Hills, FL. Rule suicide. During several recent appearances on The Alex Jones Show, Palfrey conceded that she was at risk of being killed and that authorities would make it look like suicide. She made it clear that she was not suicidal and if she was found dead it would be murder. She, also, said that the “suicide” by hanging of her employee Brandy Britton in Jan 2007 before Brandy’s trial may have been a murder. Among her thousands of DC clients were believed to be many prominent officials.
- Michael Connel: 2008, Died in plain crash. Worked as IT consultant for Karl Rove. Also was hired in 2004 by Republican Secretary of State for Ohio to create the instant electronic vote counting system that transmitted instant results to his company’s system in Tennessee. Day before death was deposed by attorneys about his involvement in 2004 vote counting and continued work with Republican candidates including his guarding of access to Karl Rove’s personal emails.